Darkmoon Faire Exalted – User Submitted Tips
Here’s the second round of ‘best of’ guide tips. This week’s round focuses on the Darkmoon Faire and the best way to get together your card decks.
Again this is a great chance for everyone to post feedback and updates on how they feel things have changed over the year for this particular grind. Have a read from what I’ve put together and correct or add anything you think might help fill the gaps.
- Hollock found that [Dense Stone] was an extremely cheap way to get to 2000 friendly by making [Dense Grinding Stones]
- Tickingbomb bought as many herbs as possible from classic through to wotlk (except silverleaf, peacebloom and earthroot). He also bought lots of [Eternal Life] and [Primal Life]. He found that it was often difficult to get these at reasonable prices so saved enough gold to buy in bulk whenever cheap lots came up.
- Deenmark suggested only turning in level 80 decks and then reselling the trinkets to recoup the gold. This method takes longer but helps you save.
- Muted used the gold earned from selling random Dire Maul drops to finance a lot of the grind.
- Pentudo commented that Talonsworn Forest-Ragers can be herbed for the best BC herbs and 2-5 motes of life each. There are 4 per reset, he parked his herbalist alt there and did a circuit every 20 mins or so.
- Irinixx found the most satisfying part of the grind was making heaps of gold selling the trinkets received after turning in the decks.
- Aliana provided the following advice on her AH/herbing technique – “When deciding upon herbs to farm, check the AH and see what cards people tend to post. If lvl 70 cards prevail, farm trees in Skettis. If there’s an abundance of lvl 60 cards, farm Winterspring. There’s no guarantee of even distribution of cards you will create, so you’ll want to complete your decks through the AH anyway, and it can be a pain if you choose the wrong type.”
- Shiny noticed that the Classic Vanilla decks have no “extra mat” (mote of life/eternal life) so might be a bit faster to make.
- Healthstone spent a lot of time herbing in Sholazar. “You get a lot of Eternal Lifes and Frost Lotus (which you can sell). Sure some of the herbs like Goldclover, Tiger Lily, and Deadnettle don’t mill into as many Icy Pigments, but I was able to farm about 50 stacks in 2 hours. Most of those stacks being Adder’s Tongue (which has same mill chance as Icethorn and Lichbloom).
Next week – Ravenholdt!