Tips from Emage – Pristine Black Diamonds
Emage submitted some of his tips on getting diamonds recently. I was impressed at the simple and easy breakdown so I thought it was probably worth sharing :) Click the link below to see the full post, enjoy!
Everyone keeps stumbling upon the question of “Where can I farm these?”. In truth, since these have only about .02% drop rate, you have to find various sources to get the amount of PBD’s you need. (Sorry if some of these have been mentioned, just kind of skimmed through the posts)
- Check AH daily with multiple bank toons. Sometimes you’ll get lucky and find a few very cheap.
- Post on your server’s forums (and sometimes others’ forums) to see if you can find someone who’s willing to make an offer.
- I personally look in trade for people selling their guilds and banks. Sometimes you can ask them if they have any librams/PBD’s and you can strike a deal with them.
- Don’t assume that because one person said “lots drop in strat lol” means that that is the ONLY place they will drop. Some key places to accquire PBD’s are:
- Zul’Gurub – don’t really need to be able to solo it. Just nuke all the trash and the speakers in front of the boss (if you can play dead or invis, etc). The Bijous and Coins usually sell pretty decent if you are already Exalted with Zandalar.
- Stratholme – Kill EVERYTHING there. Live side, then run over to dead side, almost everything can drop a PBD, dont limit yourself to one side. And hey, Stitchings and a horsie mount? Awesome!
- Scholomance – Skins of Shadow and again, almost everything has a chance at a PBD – don’t waste the chance.
- DM North/West – I found these a lot easier to farm than DM East, but you can also get Librams and keep tuned for the Event every few hours for some nice Blues off the boss in the Maul.
- BRD/BRS – imo, I didn’t have as much luck as i would have liked in BRD. But, in these instances you can also pickpocket mobs for Heavy Loxboxes (If you arent exalted yet and are a rogue)
Those are some tips I found helped me. Good luck to all you Insanies!