Tag Archives: fishing
Sorry, couldnt resist the reference :p Have been uploading pics of a recent trip to New Zealand and thought this clip might be worthy enough to share!
We did an 8 day tour of the north island in New Zealand. One of the optional daytrips in the Bay of Islands was an afternoon on a fishing boat. I’d never caught a fish in my life so I thought it might be satisfying to be able to tick the “Caught a fish” box (must resist making additional achievement references! :p).
Pretty early on I caught an undersized fish that we threw back and I was happy, job done. My luck seemed to run out after that and I didnt have a bite until near the end of the afternoon – then hooked this one. Took about 20 minutes to bring in and being a complete novice I had no idea what I was doing. I was well and truly ready to give up (you can hear me say it!) but glad the group encouraged me to see it through to the end – an amazing experience I’ll remember for some time to come I think!
Thought it might be worthwhile posting the ‘oooh!’ stuff as I come across it tonight. I’ll keep updating this post as I go. Don’t forget to check out the forums as well for further information.
- You can buy a [Gilneas Tabard] in Darnassus next to the flight master. This gives you rep with Gilneas (new Worgen race) while running dungeons. Unsure which dungeons yet. UPDATE 2 – Working for rep gains on non-heroic deadmines! Also reports of rep gains working in Stratholme!
- New fishing achievements are in! Fishing around for the [Limnologist] and [Oceanographer] one as I go.
- There’s a bunch of new achievements in general tab including another /love squirrels one. Locations when I find:
[Alpine Chipmunk] – Winterspring – Spread all over, ignore the wowhead dots.
- Lots of new ‘complete x quests in y zone’ things to do in the old zones.
- As a druid I’m already finding my Teleport: Moonglade spell to be invaluable!
- Just looted a [Golden Pearl] from a clam fished up in Azshara – wonder how common these will be now?
- No 50 exalted reputations achievement – new highest is 45. Boo!
- New achievement [Iron Chef] for learning 200 cooking recipes. I’m already at 168/200 on Saate. You guys?
- This is win – nuff said! [Unidentified Cooking Utensil]
- I will not access the world map by pressing TAB to view my pip-boy. I repeat, I will not access the world map by pressing TAB to view my pip-boy.
- Jumping into the gaping water filled hole (aka ‘The Sundering’) in Stranglethorn vale will occasion death.
- Redridge appears to have been hit worst of all – they have a boulder on the road near the bridge that needs moving…
Continuing my exploring! What have you found?
Update 25/11 – Raimondas emailed me with a link to a post he wrote on all the changes impacting insane.